To Our Valued Customers,
The Kevel Home Performance team would like to thank you for your business and the opportunity to support your project goals. We are aware of the uncertainty and challenges that COVID-19 is causing in our communities. We remain committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our clients and employees while following recommendations set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and local government.
We have implemented the following actions to make sure you feel safe with us working in and around your home:
- All team members have been trained on best practices for transmission prevention following CDC and OSHA guidelines.
- A COVID-19 supervisor will be assigned to each job with the following responsibilities:
- Daily check-in with the team to make sure everyone is feeling well
- Maintaining cleaning and personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies
- Making observations and recommendations toward constantly improving safe work practices specific to each jobsite.
- Any team member who is not feeling well, has a fever, showing any signs of illness, or believes they have had contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, will not come in to work.
- We offer our employees extended paid sick leave
- HEPA rated vacuums are used for dust clean-up
- Construction occurring within an occupied residential unit will be sealed off with physical barriers like plastic sheeting or closed doors sealed with tape to the extent feasible
- Bringing lunch from home strongly encouraged to avoid unnecessary interactions with people outside of jobsite
- Staying out of your home unless necessary:
- The majority of our work takes place in garages, crawl spaces, and attics. Prior to entering your home, we will discuss with you the specific areas where we require access and how much time we anticipate needing to complete our work. We also ask that you and your family observe social distancing protocols while we are in a given area of your home.
- We offer you the option to have a porta-potty brought to your home in order to reduce unnecessary time in your home.
- All team members are trained on sanitary processes to minimize the spread of germs and viruses.
We remain committed to helping Bay Area homeowners develop a healthier, more comfortable, and more energy efficient home.
The work we perform improves the health of a home in a variety of ways:
- Air sealing / draft reduction reduces the amount of particulates entering your home from the attic, crawlspace, garage, and other non-conditioned, non-breathing space areas
- Forced air duct systems sealed to well beyond California's code standards reduces the risk of particulates from entering the duct system and your home (The state average on existing systems is 30%; current code is 5%; Kevel's duct leakage test-out range is 1-3%)
- High performance, whole-home air-filtration systems (high MERV and HEPA) designed to work with your forced air heating and/or cooling system ensures the air that is keeping you comfortable is also supporting your family's respiratory health
- Ventilation systems ensure that stale and moisture laden air is removed from your home and fresh, filtered, outside air is brought into your home
Our commitment to health, clear communication, safe work practices, and our ability to minimize the time we spend inside your home allows us to continue to offer our services with a high level of safety. With most of us spending far more time than normal inside our home, improving the comfort, air quality, and efficiency of our homes has never been more important. We are here to provide this critical service to you during these unprecedented times.
Brian Besold and Jeff Pello